- The Hamptons
- Los Angeles
- New York
- Orange County
- San Diego
- San Francisco
- Washington, D.C.
Deck the Hotels
Alex Markoff | Photo: Courtesy of Hotel Bel-Air/Dorchester Collection | December 6, 2013
‘Tis the season to be jolly is an adage that these five hotels take to heart.
1) The W Los Angeles – Winter engulfs the hotel’s pool deck during Après, a beacon of holiday revelry fueled by s’mores, fondue and a Veuve Clicquot cabana turned chalet. Daily, 930 Hilgard Ave., Westwood, 310.208.8765
2) Hotel Bel-Air – The bar at this elegant hideaway melds music and mixology with drinks like the Run Run Rudolph and the Baby It’s Cold Outside. And if it is, spend the night—the hotel will provide limited-edition holiday pajamas. Daily, 701 Stone Canyon, L.A., 310.472.1211, dorchestercollection.com
3) Montage Beverly Hills – North of Wilshire is no North Pole, but the Montage channels Kris Kringle at its holiday tea, replete with seasonal varieties and parting presents from Executive Chef Gabriel Ask. Daily, 225 N. Canon Drive, Beverly Hills, 310.499.4199, montagebeverlyhills.com
4) Four Seasons Hotel, Los Angeles – With its mixture of myrrh and frankincense, the Holiday Presence exfoliation and massage will leave you feeling rejuvenated and renewed, even in the presence of in-laws and regifters. Daily, 300 S. Doheny Drive, L.A., 310.273.2222, fourseasons.com
5) The Millennium Biltmore – Take a break from the downtown frenzy for eggnog, pastries and other good tidings inside historic Rendezvous Court, where carved wood ceilings and gold-leaf finishes add an extra touch of holiday cheer. Wed.-Sun., 506 S. Grand Ave., L.A., 213.624.1011, millenniumhotels.com