- The Hamptons
- Los Angeles
- New York
- Orange County
- San Diego
- San Francisco
- Washington, D.C.
Point of View
Alex Markoff | Photo: Courtesy of WP24 | February 13, 2014
In the city of expanse, these five restaurants pair compelling cuisine with remarkable views.
1. WP24 – The cuisine here needs no distraction, but the view from WP24 atop The Ritz-Carlton, Los Angeles is as enticing as the menu. With sweeping panoramas of the downtown skyline, the wow-factor sets in before the first bite. Look out for Nest, too. The restaurant’s new lounge space debuts this month. 900 W. Olympic Blvd., L.A., 213.743.8824
2. The Penthouse – The name says it all. High above Santa Monica’s Huntley Hotel, this stunning locale offers unrivaled views of the Pacific, and a tantalizing macaroni and cheese to boot. 1111 Second Street, Santa Monica, 310.394.5454
3. Eveleigh – The farmhouse-chic confines and decor of this Sunset hub are alluring, and the back deck overlooks West L.A. as it sparkles after dark. 8752 W. Sunset Blvd., West Hollywood, 424.239.1630
4. Yamashiro Hollywood – Built in 1914 as a sprawling compound dedicated to housing Asian antiquities, Yamashiro now serves Asian-inspired cuisine in the Hollywood Hills, while diners keep watch over the bright lights of Tinseltown below. 1999 Sycamore Avenue, Hollywood, 323.466.5125
5. Nikita – Nobu’s new neighbor also takes the view seriously Though neither hotspot looks over Los Angeles, the serene seaside vista is expansive and postcard-poised. 22716 Pacific Coast Hwy, Malibu, 301.456.3274