- The Hamptons
- Los Angeles
- New York
- Orange County
- San Diego
- San Francisco
- Washington, D.C.
On The Menu: New Year’s Eve
Alex Markoff | Photo: Courtesy of The Tripel | December 18, 2013
As the impending New Year looms closer on the horizon, we resolve to live healthier lives in 2014. But before the ball drops and the clock strikes midnight, these indulgent meals will have you reconsider your resolution. Cheers to the New Year. Eat your heart out, 2013!
1) Casual and chic are a seamless match at Playa Del Rey’s The Tripel. The buzzy outpost will be hosting two New Year’s Eve seatings (6PM and 9PM, $55), which include bubbly, of course, as well as prix-fixe eats from couple Nick Roberts and Brooke Williamson—a Top Chef grad, no less. 333 Culver Blvd., Playa Del Rey, 310.821.0333, thetripel.com
2) If its cuisine and glass-aquarium floors aren’t reason enough, Crustacean beckons diners on New Year’s Eve with four courses, a Champagne toast, live music and a balloon drop (from $53). It’s Beverly Hills, after all. 9646 Little Santa Monica Blvd., Beverly Hills, 310.205.8990, houseofan.com
3) Culver City’s newest arbiter of cool, The Wallace, welcomes 2014 with an all-out fete. Free-flowing Champagne and a DJ spearhead the good times ($20), but the gruyere-and-black-pepper popovers might be the best thing to happen to New Year’s this side of Times Square. Grab them at dinner, before the party starts. 3833 Main Street, Culver City, 310.202. 6400, thewallacela.com
4) Malibu’s Mr. Chow welcomes the Year of the Horse with an elaborate meal, replete with the institution’s famed noodles and dumplings. Guests can choose from two separate seatings (6PM, $80 and 9PM, $120), each with dishes that stand for good fortune, like longevity and celebration. We like the sound of that. 3835 Cross Creek Road, Malibu, 310.456.7600, mrchow.com
5) It’s an easygoing affair at Milo & Olive’s no-reservations New Year’s party. Convene at one of the communal tables, enjoy a complimentary glass of prosecco at midnight, or soak up the night before with all-day brunch on New Year’s Day (8AM to 11PM). 2723 Wilshire Blvd., Santa Monica, 310.453.6776, miloandolive.com