- The Hamptons
- Los Angeles
- New York
- Orange County
- San Diego
- San Francisco
- Washington, D.C.
Through The Grapevine
Jason Kessler | Photo: Sidney Bensimon | September 20, 2013
At sophisticated wine bars and restaurants across L.A., the mighty fermented grape reigns supreme.
1. The venerable A.O.C. moved to new digs back in February, but their global selection (all sustainable, organic, or biodynamic) is still outstanding. 8700 W. 3rd St., L.A., 310.859.9859, aocwinebar.com
2. 3Twenty Wine Lounge makes for a perfect first date with an automated dispensing system that pours 40 different wines in 50ml increments. 320 S. La Brea Ave., 323.932.9500, L.A., 320southwine.com
3. Rustic Canyon offers close to 500 different wines to pair with exquisite food from newly installed chef Jeremy Fox. 1119 Wilshire Blvd., Santa Monica, 310.393.7050, rusticcanyonwinebar.com
4. In Downtown's Historic Core, Mignon specializes in small production Old World vino. 128 E. 6th St., L.A., 213.489.0131, mignonla.com
5. Covell Wine Director Matthew Kaner was just named one of Food & Wine's 2013 Sommeliers of the Year for throwing traditional recommendations out the window in favor of a more customer-friendly approach that's almost like a wine-based choose-your-own-adventure. 4628 Hollywood Blvd., L.A., 323.660.4400, barcovell.com