- The Hamptons
- Los Angeles
- New York
- Orange County
- San Diego
- San Francisco
- Washington, D.C.
Bad Hair Days, Begone!
Chiara Milioulis & Katie Schroeder | Photo: Courtesy Image | April 19, 2013
With April showers come plenty of wet, ruined hairstyles, frizzed-out locks and last-resort ponytails. Thankfully, Chicago’s top salons have you covered with ways to beat springtime downpours and spoil hair with luxurious new treatments while you’re at it!
1. The team at Maxine Salon has clients covered no matter the weather, but pro Anna Jackson specifically offers up some tips for salvaging your style on a rainy day. She recommends products like the new Kerastase Elixir Ultime oils and Shu Uemura satin design, a moisture-rich lotion that restores lackluster hair and provides a soft, weightless conditioning treatment. Plus, she says, always have accessories on-hand like bobby pins for a messy chignon or a silk headband to pull back wispy hairs. And don’t even think about straightening curly hair prior to leaving the house—getting caught in the rain would turn it into a frizzy mess. When all else fails, duck into Maxine’s Gold Coast location and let the pros work their magic. 712 N. Rush St., 312.751.1511, maxinesalon.com
2. Keratin is to frizzy hair what bacon is to a BLT. In other words: perfect partners. Keratin Complex, one of the leaders in the fight against frizz, has upped the ante with its new Demi-Glaze Keratin-Enhanced Demi-Permanent Hair Color at Studio 110 Salon. Results include a silky and glossy finish, and, yes, frizz-free hair. Infused with hydrolyzed silk for improved moisture balance as well as hydrolyzed collagen for softness and shine, Demi-Glaze comes in five brilliant shades and one clear gloss. Studio 110 Salon, 110 E. Delaware Place, 312.337.6411, studio110salon.com
3. Mario Tricoci Hair Salons & Day Spas provide the ultimate treatment for thinning, brittle locks with two new innovative treatments: Revita.LT Hair Stimulation Shampoo (for blondes) and Spectral.DNC-N leave-in tropical treatment for fuller, thicker and more nourished hair to combat the rainy season. In addition to these miracle workers, the product line also includes Revita Hair Stimulating Shampoo for all hair colors, Revita.COR Hair Stimulating Conditioner and Revita.EPS Eyelash Stimulator, all helping to restore hair for a touchable, healthy look. tricoci.com
4. Looking to add oomph to limp locks? Sine Qua Non hair salons make their killer blowouts a can’t-resist indulgence with the Blowout Thursdays promotion, where the signature $55 treatment is offered for only $35 and includes a conditioning booster. We recommend the new Gemstone Blowout, which is ideal for all hair types. The stylist uses a rare gemstone blend to enhance hair’s natural waves and coax them into glossy submission. sinequanonsalons.com
5. We love Sassoon Salon’s professional services that keep giving even after you’ve left the salon. The Kerastase Fusio-Dose Homelab is a completely customizable treatment that strengthens and replenishes hair while combating frizz and keeping color vibrant. After the in-salon treatment, you’ll be sent on your way with three more to apply at home. Rain, rain, go away, indeed! sassoon.com