- The Hamptons
- Los Angeles
- New York
- Orange County
- San Diego
- San Francisco
- Washington, D.C.
Katie Schroeder | Photo: Courtesy of Bottle & Bottega | April 5, 2013
Earth Day is just around the corner, and we’ve rounded up five ways to have fun in the city, while still keeping Mother Nature in mind.
1. Bottle & Bottega, a BYOB art studio that walks you through the creative process while you relax with a glass of wine and your friends, is throwing a shower for Mother Earth. Paint a 10x10 canvas plus a choice of a onesie, bib or burp cloth. You take home the painting while the baby items are donated to Lurie’s Children’s Hospital of Chicago. Tickets include all painting and supplies plus light appetizers—and don’t forget to bring your own beverages (adult ones encouraged!). April 22. 6-9pm. Tickets $35. At 2900 N. Lincoln Ave., bottleandbottega.com
2. With sweeping views of downtown’s gorgeous skyscrapers, Cityscape Bar might not feel like a place to get in touch with nature, but on April 22, the lounge is offering specialty organic drinks for $8. Cocktails include the Earthtini with American Harvest organic vodka, muddled mint leaves and Midori; and the Globetini with American Harvest organic vodka, lemon juice and Pernod Absinthe. Holiday Inn Mart Plaza, 15th floor, 350 W. Mart Center Drive, 312.836.5000, cityscapebar.com
3. Asha Salon and Spa is celebrating Earth Day throughout the entire month of April with special promotions where all proceeds support the Aveda Earth Month fundraising effort to benefit global clean water efforts. Clients can enter a raffle drawing to win $500 worth of services and Aveda products; stylists are ponying up $5 to wear jeans to work on weekends; and the spa is selling the Light the Way candle for $12. 113 N. State St., 312.664.1600, ashasalonspa.com
4. Take in the breathtaking views of Lake Michigan while enjoying a four-course dinner at Riva Crab House on Navy Pier. Menu items like ahi tuna poke with avocado, sesame, green onions and ponzu, and Painted Hills New York steak with Kohlrabi puree are paired with Bonterra Organic Wine selections. April 19. 6:30pm hors d’oeuvres; 7pm dinner. Tickets $75 per person (excluding tax and gratuity). 700 E. Grand Ave., 312.644.7482, rivanavypier.com
5. Head to Koi in downtown Evanston, where on Earth Day, guests may enjoy special green menu items like vegetable dumplings, edamame and green tea ice cream. Cocktail specials include Koi’s signature 4 Rebels Lychee Sangria in both red and white varieties. 624 Davis St., 847.866.6969, koievanston.com