Subscribe to Win!
By subscribing to the Ala Moana Shopping magazine digital edition below not only are you entered to win, you will also receive information on the hottest products, exclusive events and special opportunities.
Already receiving the digital edition?
You can win too. Just re-enter your information and click “Enter” for your chance to win.
Ala Moana Center’s Hawai‘i Getaway Sweepstakes
Official Contest Rules
A complete copy of these rules can be obtained at the offices of Modern Luxury Media, owned and operated by DM
Luxury, LLC (“DML”), 2155 Kalakaua Avenue Suite 701, Honolulu, HI 96815 during normal business hours
Monday through Friday or by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the above address.
DML will conduct the Ala Moana Center Hawai‘i Getaway (the “Contest”) substantially as described in these rules,
and by participating, each participant agrees as follows:
1. No purchase is necessary. Void where prohibited. All federal, state, and local regulations apply.
2. Only legal U.S. residents age 21 or older with a valid Social Security number at the time of entry are
eligible to participate in DML contests. Employees, agents, representatives, or affiliates of DML,
participating sponsors, other publications and print advertising companies serving the metro area, and their
immediate family members and household members are not eligible to participate. The term “immediate
family members” includes spouses, parents, siblings, grandparents, children, grandchildren and cohabiting
3. An individual may win an on-going contest only once per six-month period unless otherwise specifically
stated. An individual may win other seasonal or one-time contests only once for the duration of the
4. The contest will begin on August 5, 2013 and will run through August 16, 2013 (the “Contest Period”).
5. There is 1 way to enter the Contest during the Contest Period:
(a) Visit www.modernluxury.com/hawaiigetaway and subscribe to receive a free digital version of Ala
Moana shopping magazine through email.
Only one (1) entry per person, per email address, and per household; duplicate entries will be disregarded.
All entries must be received by 11:59 pm PST on August 16, 2013. Late, incomplete or illegible entries
will be disregarded.
6. On August 30, 2013 one entrant will be randomly selected from all eligible entries as a potential grand
prize winner. If it is determined that the candidate is not eligible to receive the grand prize, in DML’s sole
judgment and discretion, another candidate will be selected for eligibility consultation and this process will
continue on until such time as an eligible candidate is found. In the unlikely event that no candidates are
found to meet the specifications, then the prize will go un-awarded. In the event of a tie, the winner will be
determined by and at DML’s sole discretion.
7. One (1) grand prize will be awarded. The grand prize package includes one (1) airline travel credit of
$1,000 (DML to select the airline travel service) to Honolulu, Hawai‘i for four nights/five days to be
scheduled between October 1, 2013 – November 30, 2013. The winner will also win a $500 Shopping
spree to Ala Moana Center, a four-night/five day one-room hotel stay at Hotel Renew and airport shuttle
transportation from Roberts Hawaii. All travel subject to availability.
8. All State, Local, Federal and or other taxes, duties, tariffs, title fees, licensing fees, or other fees for prizes
awarded become the sole responsibility of the winner. All those who win a prize or prizes valued $600 or
more in any given year will be issued an IRS Form 1099 to report their winnings.
9. All prizes are awarded “as is.” Prizes are nontransferable and cannot be exchanged. No substitute prize
will be awarded to a winner who declines to accept a prize.
10. Odds of winning depend on a number of factors including the number of eligible entries received.
11. DML shall not be responsible for the failure of participating sponsors to deliver the prizes or any part
thereof as described herein.
12. All entrants and winners agree that DML and the contest sponsors shall have no liability for any injury,
misfortune, or damage to either persons or property incurred by entering, participating in, winning, or
losing any contest and/or by the acceptance, use, or non-use of any prize received in connection with this
13. All prizes must be claimed in person at DML at the address identified above during regular business hours
and within ten (10) business days of winning, excluding holidays. After such time, ownership of said prize
reverts back to DML to be disposed of at its discretion. The winner then loses all claims and rights to said
14. Proper identification must be presented by any winner to claim prize. As a condition to receiving the prize,
any potential winner must complete and sign a Winner’s Affidavit and Release, releasing DML from all
liability in connection with winner’s participation in the contest and acceptance, use, or non-use of the
15. All entry blanks, forms, devices, and materials gathered during the course of entry, as well as all
information contained on or within, shall become the sole property of DML to be used, disposed of or
destroyed in its sole discretion. DML is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information entered
by website users, and assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay
in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to
16. All entrants and winners agree to give DML and its licensees, affiliates, successors, and assigns the
irrevocable and unrestricted right to use, re-use, broadcast, or publish their name, city of residence, photo,
video tape, film or any other likeness, including portraits and pictures, in whole or in part, as part of a
composite, retouched or distorted in character or form, for any reason that DML deems necessary without
compensation, unless prohibited by law. All winners release, discharge, and agree to hold DML harmless
from any and all claims they may have against DML in connection with the taking, production, or the use
of winners’ name, city of residence, any photo, video tape, film or any other likeness, including portraits
and pictures, in whole or in part, as part of a composite, retouched, or distorted in character or form and
without restrictions as to any changes, transformations or alterations. All winners further acknowledge that
DML owns or will own exclusively any photographs of such winners used for such purposes, including the
copyrights in them, regardless of the form in which they have been or may be produced and used, and all
winners assign all such ownership rights to DML.
17. By participating in the Contest, each participant agrees to receive email communications from DML, Ala
Moana Center and Contest Sponsors regarding exclusive offers, promotions, events and contests. Any
participant that opts-out of these mailings will also remove themselves from the contest. By participating
in the Contest, where allowed by law, participants agree that DML may disclose personal information
obtained from participants in the Contest to third parties and use such information for marketing and other
18. By participating in the Contest, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of DML personnel. Persons
who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the Contest, or obtain winner status using
fraudulent means will be disqualified. Unsportsmanlike, disruptive, annoying, harassing or threatening
behavior is prohibited. DML will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or
ambiguities concerning the rules or the Contest and DML’s decisions concerning such disputes shall be
final. If the conduct or outcome of the Contest is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or
failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond DML’s control, DML reserves the right to
terminate this Contest, or make such other decisions regarding the administration or outcome as DML
deems appropriate. All decisions will be made by DML are final. DML may waive any of these rules in its
sole discretion. ANY ATTEMPT BY A CONTESTANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO
DELIBERATELY CIRCUMVENT, DISRUPT OR DAMAGE ORDINARY AND NORMAL
OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST, TELEPHONE SYSTEMS OR WEBSITES, OR UNDERMINE THE
LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL
LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, DML RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK
DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PARTICIPANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
19. By participating in this Contest, each participant agrees to waive any and all claims for damages for death,
personal injury, loss of property or property damage that he or she may sustain as a result of his or her
participation in the Contest and/or the use of any prize, and any damages or losses arising from the
implementation or carrying out of the Contest or any participant’s failure to win the contest or receive the
prize, and to release DML and its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees
and agents from any and all liability arising out of or connected in any way with his or her participation in
the contest, even though that liability may arise out of an intentional act, omission, negligence or
carelessness on the part of the persons or entities mentioned above.
20. DML reserves the right to limit the number of times an individual may enter a contest or drawing.
21. DML reserves the right to require contestants to be present at drawings in order to win their prize.
22. A winners list may be obtained after December 31, 2013, by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to
the following address:
Modern Luxury Hawaii
2155 Kalakaua Avenue Suite 701, Honolulu, HI 96815
23. Participating Sponsors:
General Growth Properties
1450 Kapiolani Blvd.
Honolulu, HI 96814
680 Iwilei Road #700
Honolulu, HI 96817
129 Paoakalani Avenue
Honolulu, HI 96815