- The Hamptons
- Modern Luxury Hawai'i
- Los Angeles
- New York
- Orange County
- San Diego
- San Francisco
- Washington, D.C.
Hit List: Rodeo Ready
Allyson Bowers | Photo: Courtesy of Hamilton Shirts | February 20, 2014
Get the boot—and then some! It’s time to get rodeo-ready. Here’s where.
1. Founded in 1907, the hats from family-owned Shudde Brothers (1502 FM 1489, in Brookshire) have been worn by both real and TV-made Western icons like Sam Houston and John Wayne.
2. Austin’s Kendra Scott (2411 Times Blvd., and in CityCentre) recently launched her new Luxe line, which includes stunning Texas-inspired turquoise pieces, like the pavé oval bib necklace, and chunky druzy earrings.
3. Houston institution Hamilton Shirts (5700 Richmond Ave.) has long proffered bespoke dress shirts. And now H-Town dudes can do Rodeo right thanks to the company’s new line, produced in collaboration with country icon Lyle Lovett. Find crisp Western-style shirts in subtle check and paisley prints.
4. Max Lang (4704 Richmond Ave.) offers built-to-order belts—like the four-piece Presidential buckle set made from sterling silver and 10K gold—for an authentic look.
5. Step into a pair of luxurious Lucchese kickers at Pinto Ranch (1717 Post Oak Blvd.). The Galleria-area store will also have a booth on-site at the Rodeo, and is bringing in Lucchese’s style and fit experts to consult with customers.