When it comes to pairing dinners, craft beer may be the new wine. Here’s what’s brewing!
1. Slide in for The Counter’s (4601 Washington Ave., 713.966.6123) Southern Star Brewery pairings—combos of mini-burgers on Hawaiian buns and a flight of four beers—each Thursday through May 30. $14
2. The new “VS.” dinner series at Underbelly (1100 Westheimer Rd., 713.528.9800) features five courses, each of which pits one thing/person/ingredient against another. Executive Chef Chris Shepherd battles his sous chefs on May 2. 6pm. $100
3. A four-course Italian feast features a different beer with each dish at Prego (2520 Amherst St., 713.529.2420)—think cornmeal-crusted snapper with crabmeat and Southern Star Bombshell Blonde ale. May 9, 6:30pm. $80
4. Sierra Nevada takes over the tap at this month’s Pig and Beer Dinner at BRC Gastropub (519 Shepherd Dr., 713.861.2233). The eatery pairs a pork-centric meal with different breweries monthly. May 17, 5:30pm. $34
5. Haven (2502 Algerian Way, 713.581.6101) Chef Randy Evans’ meat-cooking class with beer pairings is the perfect gift for Father’s Day. June 23, 4 and 7pm. $60