Fall is on the horizon, and many of our favorite boutiques are stocking up on fabulous fashions for the new season. Happy shopping!
1. Among the sea of indie shops in Rice Village, sisters Thuy and Tuyet Pham’s new WildBloom Boutique (2513 Rice Blvd.) is a standout. The eclectic décor—think old typewriters, framed photos of Audrey Hepburn splashed on exposed-brick walls, and vases of pretty flowers—goes hand-in-hand with the fashion-forward yet free-spirited, apparel, including looks from McGinn, the new fall-floral collection from Corey by Corey Lynn Calter and graphic Australian line Pink Stitch.
2. This just in, at Settlement Goods & Design (3939 Montrose Blvd.): Richard Chai’s military-themed fall/winter collections for men and women, full of deep-hued and heavily structured pieces.
3. New pieces from the likes of Monique Pean—think recycled gold and diamond designs—and Houston-based medallion-savvy line Cynthia Ann have entered the mix at Judith Ann Jewels (4721 Westheimer Rd.). Aurora Lopez’s hand-stamped gold cuffs, rings and pendants are popular, too.
4. Find new dresses and ready-to-wear lines at Elizabeth Anthony | Esther Wolf (1180 Uptown Park Blvd.), such as Bibhu Mohapatra’s structurally modern pieces, Lebanese designer Ella Zahlan’s feminine frocks, and Venezuelan eveningwear designer Rafael Cennamo’s new collection.
5. Funky Austin import Blue Elephant (2415 Rice Blvd.) is now open in Rice Village. Expect quirky jewelry, fun rompers and flowy skirts, plus an impressive selection of beauty products from brands like Philosophy and Mario Badescu.