- The Hamptons
- Los Angeles
- New York
- Orange County
- San Diego
- San Francisco
- Washington, D.C.
The Hit List: Seasonal Sips
Allyson Bowers | Photo: Ken Stearns | December 16, 2013
’Tis the season for Christmas cheers! Here, five festive favorites and hip holiday sips from some of H-Town’s master mixologists.
1. The Pomegranate Cosmo at Mockingbird Bistro (1985 Welch St., 713.533.0200) is a holiday hit, stirred up with vodka and lime juice and topped with pomegranate seeds.
2. In the lobby lounge of the Four Seasons hotel (1300 Lamar St., 713.650.1300), order an Apple Hot Toddy, infused with apple-ginger liqueur and honey and garnished with a cinnamon stick.
3. Batanga (908 Congress Ave., 713.224.9500), the lively Latin hangout in Market Square, serves its Fall Back concoction—made with whiskey, apple nectar, cinnamon syrup and vanilla.
4. Flavors like pomegranate, ginger, apple and lemon find their way into the rose-petal-topped whiskey drink called the Blushing Texan, whipped up by Backstreet Cafe (1103 S. Shepherd Dr., 713.521.2239) mixologist Sean Beck.
5. The Autumn Old Fashioned at L’Olivier (420 Westheimer Rd., 713.360.6313) includes a pecan-infused Buffalo Trace whiskey.