- The Hamptons
- Los Angeles
- New York
- Orange County
- San Diego
- San Francisco
- Washington, D.C.
The Hit List: Sky’s the Limit
Holly Crawford | Photo: Spenser Harrison, courtesy of the Greater Houston Convention and Visitors Bureau | August 18, 2014
Developers are wooing residents to high-rises with wow-factor amenities. Here are the heights to which luxury living is going.
1. Each of the units in the Finger Companies’ new six-story spread next-door to Whole Foods in Montrose comes with a collapsible grocery cart tucked into a living-room closet. “Residents don’t have to carry a grocery bag or look for a parking space,” boasts Marvy Finger about the complex at 2900 West Dallas.
2. The under-construction 28-story Astoria (1405 Post Oak Blvd.) near the Galleria has 74 residences—10 of which are penthouses. Each unit comes with an Origami tub and TV in the master bath. The building has a private wine cellar, as well as a pied-à-terre for guests.
3. Uptown’s Belfiore (1275 S. Post Oak Ln.), a 26-story project currently under-construction, will have just 46 residences. Each multistory unit is for purchase and will have two elevators. Grounds include walking paths and a lavish cabana-clad pool area.
4. The ninth floor of Ziegler Cooper’s upcoming Hines’ Market Square Project (777 Preston St.), a 24-story downtown cloud buster, will be home to an “aqua lounge” with outdoor pool and terrace, fitness center, gourmet kitchen and a private theater.
5. Opened in March, the 21-story, 290-unit Sovereign at Regent Square (3233 W. Dallas St.) has a 3,000-square-foot health club with panoramic views of Buffalo Bayou and Downtown, plus a private 1,500-square-foot pet “spa” and park.