- The Hamptons
- Los Angeles
- New York
- Orange County
- San Diego
- San Francisco
- Washington, D.C.
The Hit List: Wine Down!
Robin Barr Sussman | Photo: Debora Smail | September 6, 2013
As autumn approaches, a new season brings a fresh harvest of wine dinners at top toques. Whether you seek the taste of grapes from France, Italy or California, here’s where to sip and sup this fall.
1. Charming Bistro Provence (13616 Memorial Dr., 713.827.8008) presents La Vie en Rose, an evening with Rosé Wines Sept. 17, presented by French Country Wines and paired with a five-course dinner. The beautiful, dry-style wines are surprisingly big—oui!
2. Hurry and grab a reservation for Ciao Bello’s (5161 San Felipe St., 713.960.0333) next dinner, Homestyle Roman Cooking on Sept. 19, part of Tony Vallone’s Regional Italian Cuisine series. The multicourse feast will be paired with Italian regional wines.
3. Savvy sommelier Vanessa Trevino Boyd of Philippe (1800 Post Oak Blvd., 713.439.1000) presents an organic-wine dinner Sept. 25. Explore five naturally produced wines from American wineries, paired with a delectable four-course dinner from master chef Philippe Schmit.
4. The Tasting Room (1101-18 Uptown Park Blvd., 713.993.9800, and other locations) kicks off its annual Cellar Classic with the Bubbles Blowout on Sept. 25 at Uptown Park, featuring 15 sparkling-wine selections along with food and live music. The Classic culminates in the Grand Tasting event, filling the place’s parking lot and patio, on Oct. 5. For the full schedule and tickets, visit houstoncellarclassic.com.
5. Triniti (2815 S. Shepherd Dr., 713.527.9090) brings back its famous Mercury Wine Dinner Oct. 13. The extraordinary event pairs an eight-course dinner and wines, artfully presented to the sounds of live music by the Mercury Orchestra.