May is National Burger Month. Do you know where to find the perfect one? From foie gras toppings to delectable sides, here are five patties that are sure to make you drool.
1. If a weekly visit to Michael Mina 74 isn’t already part of your regular dining schedule, it should be. Here’s why: Every week in May, the restaurant highlights a different burger, and from May 18 to May 24, it’s all about the Rossini, which includes foie gras fondue and black truffles with a port demi-glace. Need we say more? 4441 Collins Ave., Miami Beach, 305.674.4636
2. The Pubbelly Group can always be counted on to embrace a culinary trend and National Burger Month is no exception. At Pubbelly, the powers that be have introduced the decadent Pâté Melt burger, which is made up of a country pâté patty topped with grilled onions and white cheddar cheese. At PB Steak, it’s all about the Black & Blue burger, a prime Black Angus beef patty with Cabrales blue cheese and fig marmalade. Pubbelly, 1418 20th St., Miami Beach, 305.532.7555; PB Steak, 1787 Purdy Ave., Miami Beach, 305.695.9550
3. Chef and owner Alberto Cabrera of Bread + Butter brings a Cuban twist to the whole burger bash with his Wednesday frita pop-up, where fritas made with a mix of all-natural Angus beef and Heritage pork chorizo are served warm and crunchy. Stick around after for soft cheese flan with brown-sugar caramel for dessert. 2330 Salzedo St., Miami, 305.442.9622
4. If there’s anything Americans like more than burgers, it’s a good old-fashioned competition. At The Federal, a new burger will debut each week of May and, at the end of the month, Instagram followers will vote on the patty that will grace the restaurant’s summer menu. How ever will you choose between The Bawler, which incorporates seared foie gras and tobacco onions, or The Cheeze, made with three types of the gooey stuff? Decisions, decisions. 5132 Biscayne Blvd., Miami, 305.758.9559
5. When Eating House fans aren’t raving about the Cap’n Crunch pancakes, they’re drooling over memories of the Carbonara burger. Chef/owner Giorgio Rapicavoli is bringing back his beloved specialty—but only during May and only during lunch hours. Applewood smoked bacon, fontina cheese, a fried egg and Rapicavoli’s famous carbonara sauce will have you begging him to make it a permanent menu staple. 804 Ponce de Leon Blvd., Coral Gables, 305.448.6524