- The Hamptons
- Los Angeles
- New York
- Orange County
- San Diego
- San Francisco
- Washington, D.C.
Kim Pierce | Photo: Courtesy of True Food Kitchen | January 24, 2014
With True Food Kitchen, healthy dining just got a huge boost. It’s at the leading edge of a terrific trend: eat less and eat better.
1. True Food Kitchen: The chic-casual newbie uses health guru Dr. Andrew Weil’s global anti-inflammatory diet to show that good-for-you also tastes fabulous. 8383 Preston Center Plaza Drive, 214.377.3333
2. Company Café: Taking over Mextopia’s former digs gives the Greenville spot a Southwest spin; Kat Trail still rocks. The best chicken and waffles ever—gluten-free, too. 2104 Greenville Ave., 214.827.2233; 3136 Routh St., 214.468.8721
3. Start: We love the drive-through for clean, local, all-day (7am-9pm) fast-casual and make regular runs for the quinoa salad with feta. 4814 Greenville Ave., 214.265.1411
4. Seasons 52: Such a gorgeous place and clever concept: No dish over 475 calories, with mini indulgences, like chocolate-peanut butter mousse, to placate your sweet tooth. NorthPark Center, 214.361.5252; The Shops at Legacy, Plano, 972.312.8852
5. Spiral Dinner: With amazing prescience, the Dallas outpost of the funky Fort Worth original gave vegan a good name before vegan was cool. 1101 N. Beckley Ave., 214.948.4747