- The Hamptons
- Los Angeles
- New York
- Orange County
- San Diego
- San Francisco
- Washington, D.C.
David Morris | Photo: Courtesy Image | April 5, 2013
Take a peak at Coachella’s most coveted party invites!
1. Desert Parties partners with SBE (the crew behind Katsuya and a number of hot spots around L.A.) and the clubs of Vegas’ Wynn and Encore Resorts. Their festivities kick off Friday night with a pop-up of L.A.’s Greystone Manor (SBE) with the Nervo twins set to spin. Saturday daytime, the resorts sponsor a Hyde Beach (SBE) styled pool soirée called XIV with music by The EC Twins (who’ve played Intervention at S.D.’s Hard Rock and Fluxx) and DJ Chuckie. That evening, XS Nightclub (Wynn) takes over with Morgan Page playing a special set before the weekend concludes with an Encore Beach Club (Wynn) branded pool party featuring Sultan and Ned Shepard. Location: Renaissance Esmeralda Resort. Reservation information at desertparties.com.
2. The Armani Exchange Neon Carnival by Bolthouse Productions is a staple with the celebrity set and one of the weekend’s most sought after invites. Imagine the state fair, but with a hosted SVEDKA Vodka bar and all the food, carnival games, rides and entertainment you can handle, for free. This year they’ve got NY DJ Jesse Marco on lock and it all goes down Saturday evening. Location: Undisclosed. Invite only.
3. Friday night, rap artist Nas serves as master of ceremonies when Details Magazine hosts an encore of their Details at Midnight party. From past years, we know a slew of special performances are on the books, but acts are kept strictly under wrap until they take the stage. Location: Undisclosed. Invite only. In conjunction with Aerie Apparel by American Eagle, Filter Magazine celebrates the start of the Coachella weekend with their 11th Annual Yacht Party. Think giveaways, surprise performances and the like. Location: Undisclosed. Invite only. On Saturday, fellow clothing megastore H&M proclaims their love for music with a private performance by singer Santigold. Location: Undisclosed. Invite only.
4. Saturday and Sunday, Night Vision Entertainment and Chevrolet rent out a ranch and present The Mirage at Volt Valley, styled similarly to Vegas’ new Bagatelle Beach. Patron will flow and bites from The One Group (owners of Bagatelle and STK) will be on offer, plus cool downs (Patron XO, Café and Citronge flavored ice cream sandwiches) for cool kids from Coolhaus Truck. As if the invite weren’t enough, to get above it all guests can take a hot air balloon ride and capture a bird’s eye view of the Coachella Valley (Patron Café shots included). And let’s not forget the zip lines! Location: Undisclosed. Invite only.
5. Cool isn’t cool until it’s ironic cool. John Terzian and the boys from LA’s H.Wood Group will be taking over a McDonalds and plan to create a pop-up of their infamously exclusive West Hollywood club, Bootsy Bellows (David Arquette is a partner). Expect puppets and “entertainment.” Invite only.