- The Hamptons
- Los Angeles
- New York
- Orange County
- San Diego
- San Francisco
- Washington, D.C.
Going Au Naturel
Charlotte Farrell | Photo: Courtesy of richmondnaturalmed.com | April 10, 2014
At this time of year, our thoughts turn to spring cleaning. And while that definitely means giving our homes a top to bottom scour, it also means checking in with our health and making tweaks to feel in our prime. For that, besides scheduling an annual appointment with our doc, we’re into natural remedies and S.D. experts who can help us sort the healthful from the hoopla. Here’s where we go.
1. Encinitas’ own Bloom Natural Health wants its customers to blossom into their healthiest selves, and addresses factors like stress, weight gain and fatigue, among others, from a holistic naturopathic standpoint, stimulating the body’s own healing processes. Get acquainted with the cottage-cute bloom-filled office during Injectable Happy Hour, Wednesdays from 2-4pm, when the custom-blended nutritional injectables are all half off. Or, track down the Bloom Mobile, zipping around town providing on-the-go access to the Bloom Blend Bar nutritional “cocktail” menu and injections like the signature Skinny Shot, the Hang Over Shot, or the Fat Burner. 264 N. Coast Highway 101, 760.230.4982
2. A combination traditional pharmacy and holistic remedy mecca, Pharmaca Integrative Pharmacy in La Jolla is a local favorite. We stop in at the Girard Avenue shop for vitamins, eco home and natural beauty products, and over the counter advice, plus weekly offerings like discounted B-12 shots on Tuesdays (12-4pm) or 5-minute free massages from the on-site therapist on Thursdays (3-5pm). Sounds like the right prescription to us! 7650 Girard Ave., 858.454.1337
3. It’s all about restoration and rejuvenation at Cardiff-by-the-Sea’s Body Blü Med Spa. Take a seat at The Shot Bar and choose from the menu of over 20 different injection cocktails. Tummy ache? There’s a shot for that. Energy flagging? There’s one for that, too. For anti-aging, the new age spa focuses on non-toxic treatments to rebuilt and rejuvenate, like fauxtox injections to combat fine lines and wrinkles, and even the trademarked TruVamp non-surgical facelift, wherein a patient’s own platelet-rich plasma is injected back into the skin (thus it’s nickname, the Vampire Facial). Happy hour at the modern, sleek clinic is held Wednesdays and Fridays from 2-5pm with specials on energizing Hot and Rock Star Shots, and on Fridays, Blü Hour kicks off the weekend with $10 B12 shots from 5-6pm. 224 Birmingham Drive Suite 1C, 760.452.8527
4. Is it a vitamin deficiency that’s had you doubling up on the espresso, trying to stay awake? Or a food sensitivity that’s been making you feel unwell? Solana Beach’s Prime Wellness starts with a battery of comprehensive tests to assess the roots of your woes, then fixes you up from the inside out. Think vitamin injections, allergy treatments, acupuncture and massage to stimulate the body’s own repair system. Paleo foodies can even grocery shop the clinics caveman-approved offerings (we like the peach BBQ sauce). Also awesome? The clinic’s located at the northern end of the Cedros Design District, perfect for combining treatment with a little retail therapy. 100 South Cedros Ave., 858.792.7995
5. Del Mar’s Arcana Empothecary is contracted with the Scripps Center for Integrative Medicine, which is reimagining the delivery of health care. The thinking at the El Camino Real gem is integrative, with conventional prescriptions and tailored homeopathic and herbal treatments all available and based on innovative research in biochemistry, plant medicine and clinical homeopathy. Schedule a no-charge consultation appointment to point your way down a healthier path. 12250 El Camino Real Ste. 108, 858.755.0288