- The Hamptons
- Los Angeles
- New York
- Orange County
- San Diego
- San Francisco
- Washington, D.C.
Emily Villanueva | Photo: Courtesy Image | April 19, 2013
Press the ‘reset’ button on your health (and start prepping for that summer bikini body) with these detoxifying treatments aimed at eliminating toxins and shedding pounds. As we like to say: out with the old, in with the new...
1. For a thorough cleansing inside and out, search no further than the hip Detox Lounge in East Village. You will never look at carbs again after tasting their delicious raw dishes, from their zucchini alfredo pasta to their unbaked carrot cake. And forget flower petals: the aqua detox foot bath, which purportedly boosts energy and reduces fatigue, is pure electromagnetic/ionizing bliss. 910 J St., detoxlounge.com
2. Del Mar’s bBar Superfood Vitality Bar is popular with the yummy mummy, Lululemon crowd for its trendy and nutrient-dense delights, from acai bowls to quinoa salads to sprouted nut milks. With plans to expand in the O.C. and L.A., all SoCal’ers will soon be able to snatch up one of their cheekily-named concoctions, like the Sexy Mayan Smoothie (raw cacao, bananas, dates) or the What’s Up Doc Juice (carrot, ginger, turmeric). 2683 Via de la Valle, bebeaming.com
3. Everyone knows about the health benefits of tea, but what about it’s many beauty benefits? The “Tea-Tox Trio” at The Spa at La Costa will have you steeped in luxury, starting with an aromatic massage using herbal oils like rosemary and cypress. A sea salt scrub, clay mask, and sweet lime green tea soak further stimulate circulation for that all-important, all-over glow… now that’s our cup of tea. 2100 Costa Del Mar Road, lacosta.com
4. You know juice is big when nightlife and social dining guru James Brennan has started his own company of cold-pressed elixirs. Brennan’s line of organic juices, called Suja, are now being used in the “Health and Wellness” cocktails at Gaslamp’s Searsucker (which he also happens to co-own). So if you’re weary of the word ‘detox,’ take baby steps and order these guilt-free libations, like the “Goddess,” made with cucumber-infused gin and Suja Fiji green juice, or the “Sun Salutation” made with champagne and the tart Suja Spark juice. 611 5th Ave., searsucker.com
5. If you’re a health fanatic or just a La Jolla lady-in-waiting, consider the 21 Day Purification Program at Beauty Kliniek. The three-week process is the whole enchilada, starting with manual lymph drainage, colon hydrotherapy, nutritional supplements, and a detailed meal plan. Winter lethargy, be gone! 3282 Governor Dr., pamperyou.com