- The Hamptons
- Los Angeles
- New York
- Orange County
- San Diego
- San Francisco
- Washington, D.C.
Just Say Oui!
Dominique Fluker | Photo: Courtesy Image | May 13, 2013
In honor of the Cannes Film Festival, we bring France to you! Catch the French cultural events in Atlanta, and also indulge in Francophile bistros and bakeries around town.
1. WHAT Poignant Beauty: A Night of French Music WHY Faith, comfort and love mingle to give audiences chills in an all-French music program. The evening features Messiaen, Debussy and Duruflé from May 16-18 at Atlanta Symphony Hall. WHERE 1280 Peachtree St. N.E, atlantasymphony.org
2. WHAT Alliance Francaise d'Atlanta’s Salon De THE WHY Indulge in delicious French cuisine, while viewing an exquisite showcase of hat collections for the spring season at The Ritz-Carlton, Buckhead on May 19. The event supports Alliance Franciase d'Atlanta's annual education and cultural programming. WHERE 3434 Peachtree Road NE, afatl.com
3. WHAT Brunch at Alon's Bakery WHY Because when you’re in the mood for a cannelle, you need a great French brunch spot. Visit Alon's, specializing in French-American delicacies since 1992. WHERE 1394 N. Highland Ave NE, 4505 Ashford Dunwoody Road, alons.com
4. WHAT Pineau and Cognac School Lecture and Tasting WHY The Pitaud Cognacs range in the union of exceptional and high quality eaux-de-vie. Cognac enthusiasts and collectors will appreciate this exceptional event on May 22. WHERE Colony Square, Plaza level, Suite 561, 1197 Peachtree St., afatl.com
5. WHAT An Evening at Atmosphere WHY Experience Paris right here in Atlanta. Atmosphere is a chic French bistro with authentic hors d'oeuvres like escargot and foie gras. Bon appetit! WHERE 1620 Piedmont Ave N.E, atmospherebistro.com