- The Hamptons
- Los Angeles
- New York
- Orange County
- San Diego
- San Francisco
- Washington, D.C.
Devika Rao | Photo: Sara Hanna | December 6, 2013
Five of Atlanta’s top winos dish their favorite seasonal wine and food pairings.
1. Go red with 2006’s Marchesi di Fumanelli - Amarone Della Valpolicella Classico with a holiday-inspired dish like roasted rack of lamb seasoned with rosemary and thyme. $70, Perrine Prieur, owner and certified sommelier, Perrine’s Wine Shop, perrineswine.com
2. Do date night at Stem Wine Bar with a white blend of roussanne, chardonnay and sauvignon blanc in Stolpman Vineyards’ 2010 Golden Point paired with the resto’s French onion fondue. $20, Jason Raymond, sommelier, Stem Wine Bar, stematlanta.com
3. Stop by Vino Venue on Saturdays this month for themed wine tastings and sip on a 2009 Kuleto Estate cabernet sauvignon from Napa Valley, filled with notes of raspberry and chocolate. Pair with the resto’s 24-hour braised beef short rib. $55, Michael Bryan, managing partner and sommelier, Vino Venue, vino-venue.com
4. Stop by Sherlock’s Wine Merchant and pop bubbly with Schramsberg Blanc de Blancs Sparkling Wines with a sweet and savory pear and prosciutto salad. $40, Thomas Arvid, international artist and wine collector, Thomas Arvid Fine Art, sherlocks.com
5. Sip on the earthy flavors of 2005’s Paolo Bea Sagrantino di Montefalco Secco Pagliaro. Pair with game-driven dishes like lamb, duck or rib roasts. $75, Justin Amick, general manager and advanced sommelier, The Spence, thespenceatl.com