No matter where the sun takes you, a perfectly packed beach bag seamlessly transitions from splashing in the surf to sipping cocktails after dark.
1. Ocean air maximizes sexy texture, but all that salt also dries out hair. Save your strands with AIM HI After Beach Leave-In Hair Mist, which contains nourishing vitamins, moisturizing jojoba and sweet almond oils, and is crafted in small batches on the North Shore of O`ahu. $18, Kai Luxe, Waikiki; aimhieveryday.com
2. Tiare Hawai`i’s printed crepe Georgia maxi dress perfectly transitions from surf to turf. $188, San Lorenzo, Ala Moana Center; tiarehawaii.com
3. Available in gray, khaki, or pink, the Chanel Large Shopping Bag’s jumbo size will surely fit all your essentials; its fabric surface won’t get scuffed in the sand. $3,000, Ala Moana Center, chanel.com
4. High SPF is a must if you’re spending quality time outdoors. Kate Somerville UncompliKated SPF 50 Soft Focus Makeup Setting Spray can be spritzed on over and over for a flawless finish (and extra sun protection) while refreshing skin with its relaxing lavender scent. $38, Sephora, Ala Moana Center; katesomerville.com
5. Like a cool drink of water for your face, the new La Mer The Moisturizing Cool Gel Cream uses the line’s signature Miracle Broth and kelp gel to lock in hydration while soothing sun-parched skin. $170, Neiman Marcus, Ala Moana Center; cremedelamer.com
6. Did you know that Havaianas means “Hawaiians” in Portuguese? The iconic Brazilian brand partnered with North Shore artist Christie Shinn to create limited-edition flip-flops, available exclusively on the islands. $26, Nordstrom, Ala Moana Center; us.havianas.com
Hibiscus print board shorts may suffice for the hoi polloi, but if you’re looking to upgrade your basic beach gear, check out these elevated essentials.
1. Splashproof and much classier than a plastic bag, the Aloha Collection Shaka Brah ensures your cash, keys and phone stay safe from the waves. $36, aloha-collection.com
2. Soothe sun-parched skin with Perricone MD Cold Plasma + Face, a lightweight serum packed with peptides, antioxidants, and moisture to undo the damage of a day spent at the beach. $150, Sephora, at Ala Moana Center
3. Surfer favorite Shiseido sunscreen just launched a new stick formula that will speed up the dreaded application process. Shiseido Clear Stick UV Protector SPF 50+ dries to an invisible finish so you won’t look like Casper the Ghost when you hit the waves. $28, Neiman Marcus, Ala Moana Center
4. Designed and tested in Maui, Bluesmiths is known for combining innovative technology, and its Kula Windpro hoodie is no slacker. As sleek as a sports car, this beach cover-up is wind- and water-repellent, so even if the temperature suddenly plummets or a rain hits, you’ll stay cozy. $255, bluesmiths.com
5. Inspired by the Valley Isle, Loro Piana’s cotton bermuda shorts are tailored enough to transition seamlessly from the sand to sunset cocktails. $495, Royal Hawaiian Center
6. Sporting scuba zips, coated canvas and a roomy interior, the Louis Vuitton Outdoor backpack in the ocean-blue Pacifique hue is the perfect foil for the ultimate beach bag. $3,500, Ala Moana Center