Summer break is over and it’s already back-to-school season. Whether you’re heading back to campus or dropping the kids off for a new year, getting past the hot, hot months and welcoming fall is probably on your mind. Here are five places that add some “class” and will have you looking forward to fall.
1. Year-old Myth & Symbol (2537 Times Blvd.) in Rice Village gives anyone an excuse to go shopping for “back to school” outfits. The shop now carries Houston-based line Evens, with flirty crepe de chine dresses and tops, and also stocks ceramic jewelry from Brook & Lyn and brass and silver pieces from Datter Industries.
2. Kiehl’s (4076 Westheimer Rd.) skin-savvy products, like the skin-tone-correcting BB cream and the “rescuer” that corrects fatigue and summer-sun stress, help put the best face forward for class portraits.
3. Club Monaco (in the Galleria) showcases a fresh collection of brightly colored pieces with clean lines and colorful trims, like a mustard-yellow shift dress; ideal for layering, the dress can be worn from the first day of classes through Houston’s still-warm autumn.
4. Marc Jacobs’ new line, Beauty, found at Sephora (in the Galleria), includes 120 products in all. Four makeup brushes and 16 complexion and color cosmetics round out the set—a plentiful palette for trying new looks for a new semester.
5. New to River Oaks, Brooklyn-based J.McLaughlin (1963 W. Gray St.) touts its new envelope clutches in bright colors like tangerine and mustard and new leather totes, rethinking what it means to have a book bag.